Animal Attendant II (REQ#: 20827)
|January 31, 2013 - February 18, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$19,896 to $25,872|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||BMR Section 8|
|Description:||Provide care of laboratory animals in a humane, safe and sanitary manner using appropriate equipment and established procedures and to assist in the daily supervision of the animal husbandry program and related service aspects of the animal resource facility.|
|Duties:||• Maintain all duties of animal husbandry and care of animals including cleaning of cages, food, water and assure health of animals.|
• Assists the Director of the Vivarium in the daily management of the Vivarium including scheduling of staffing and of an adequate inventory of supplies animal food, bedding etc.
• Collates data for monthly per diem charges.
• Supervision of animal attendant I staff.
• Maintenance of all records including but not limited to: cage washing, animal health, animal purchasing and receipt, staff training, use of dispensed controlled substances, etc.
• Demonstrates proper handling techniques and other specific procedures as designated by the attending Veterinarian.
• Inspects animal facilities to ensure the proper level of sanitation within the animal environment and ensures proper inspection of animal housing cages and equipment.
• Receive and track incoming animals.
• Assist with monitoring and enforcing SOPs and Animal Use Protocols that have been approved by the IACUC.
• Attends IACUC meetings.
• Must be available on weekends as scheduled.
• All other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||High School or equivalent, one year relevant experience and ALAT certification by the end of first year of employment. One year veterinary technician experience or other animal care experience preffered.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.