Research Associate - Sec 2 (Req#: 13743)
|April 02, 2012 - June 12, 2012|
|Salary Range:||30,576 to 39756|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||BMR Section 2|
|Description:||Performs various laboratory testing with minimal supervision including PCR analysis and drug susceptibility testing of aerobic actinomycetes of the aerobic actinomycites.|
|Duties:||• With minimal supervision, performs drug susceptibility on isolates of aerobic actinomycetes (including nontuberculous mycobacteria and Nocardia sp., etc.).|
• With minimal supervision, performs PCR testing on isolates of aerobic actinomycetes actinomycetes (including nontuberculous mycobacteria and Nocardia sp., etc.).
• Sets up and prepares microbiological assays along with basic quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Prepares laboratory reagents, buffers, agarose gels, etc needed to complete work assignments.
• Under the direction and supervision of the Chairman of the Department of Microbiology and the Laboratory Supervisor, assists in special research projects and work assignment s related to the aerobic actinomycetes.
• Assist in the maintenance of stock patient and reference cultures including subculturing and freezing of isolates.
• Assists in the preparation and packaging of dangerous goods for mailing to collaborating institutions.
• Assists in the preparation and maintenance of laboratory reports and records of results.
• Compiles and tabulates data and provides preliminary analysis with minimal supervision.
• Adheres to internal controls established for the department including inventory control and laboratory accreditation guidelines.
• Performs related duties as required.
|Qualifications:||Research Associatate requires Master's degree in one of the basic sciences close to field of assignment.|
Requires one year experience in clinical or research microbiology laboratory. Minimum one year experience in mycobacteriology or relavant scientific field. Mycobacteriology experience preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.