Police Officer (Req#: 9807)
|September 15, 2011 - June 13, 2012|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for the protection, safety and welfare of employees, visitors, patients and all property within the area, under the control and jurisdiction of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler. |
|Duties:||MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:|
• Protect life and property of all employees, visitors and patients while on the campus of UTHCT and enforce applicable laws.
• Able to give commands clearly and distinctly at all time.
• Complete appropriate forms and reports.
• Communicate with other police/fire/ambulance and other agencies.
• Participate in investigations.
• Adheres to internal controls established for the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION: |
Required: High school diploma or a GED, successful completion of a TCLEOSE approved Basic Peace Officer Course, has passed TCLEOSE exam.
Preferred: 60 college hours from an accredited college or univrsity.
Preferred: Possess Basic Peace Officer Certification from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE). Successful completion of the prescribed Field Training Program.
Basic office equipment, personal computer, various software programs, firearms, radio, various other law enforcement equipment
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.